There’s this Jewish guy, his name is Yakov Naumovich Pokhis. He was born in Ukraine, emigrated to the United States of America, and became a naturlized citizen. That’s the same background as my mother. Well, anyways, this Yakov guy is better known by his professional stage name – Yakov Smirnoff. I gotta tell ya, he is a comedian that is humorous, entertaining, home-spun — heck, he is downright funny!
To learn more about this very unique individual, read the Wikipedia Yakov Smirnoff article and the Comedy Zone Yakov Smirnoff: Comedian Profile.
You might find these Yakov Smirnoff quotes fairly enlightening and insightful.
You might even wish to visit the Yakov Smirnoff Home Page.
To top it all off with Smirnoff, visit YouTube to watch and listen to the Yakov Smirnoff schtick at the 9th Annual Young Comedians Special of some years ago.
- L’Shanah Tova! Happy New Year.
- Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire. Wade “Skippy” Kapszukiewicz
- An Appeal – One America
- YWOTD: Schlep, schlepp, shlep, shlepp
- People You Meet
- Where Have The Years Gone – by Owen Yeates.
- List of Restaurants offering Senior Discounts
- Work At Home Job Hunting List
- The meaning of forlorn
- Climb Every Mountain, Richard & Adam.
- Who is Adam Roland Hansen?
- Wade “Skippy” Kapszukiewicz Is Asking For Money.
- 12 Steps To Self Care
- Concerns About Aging Parents
- A Remorseful Dad Thinking Of Father’s Day
- Jewish Danish Herring
- Wade "Skippy" Kapszukiewicz Is Asking For Money.
- Kinahora, Kina Hora, Kayne Hora, קינאַהאָראַ
- "May you live until 120"; "til 120"; "עד מאה ועשרים שנה"; "Ad Mayah Ve-essrim Shana"; "Biz a Hoondred oon Tzvuntzig"
- A Spiteful Person, People, Game Players
- Walk Through The Storm. Hold Your Head Up High. You'll Never Walk Alone.
- Road Rage
- Heresy or hearsay
- What I Have Learned. Life's Lessons.
- Toledoan Wade Kapszukiewicz was the Topic of a September 14, 2005 Toledo Talk Message Thread.
- Current Events
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Non Profits
- Organization Development
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- YWOTD (Yiddish Word Of The Day) ייִדיש