WikiHow has an article about being yourself that includes a video, a variety of tips, several warnings, and that elaborates on the following steps:
- Find yourself and define yourself on your terms.
- Avoid fixating on the past and not letting yourself grow.
- Stop caring about how people perceive you.
- Be honest and open.
- Treat yourself as you’d treat your own best friend.
- Develop and express your individuality.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Follow your own style.
- Accept that some days you’re the pigeon, and that some days you are the statue.
You really should read the article in its entirety; just click on over to How to Be Yourself.
You might also want to read Dare To Be Yourself, Being true to oneself is not for the faint of heart as written by Karen Wright and published in Psychology Today on May 1, 2008.
A bonus link today courtesy of Roland’s Ramblings:
Click on over for some good reading about Ralph Waldo Emerson at The Literature Network.